Marquette Repeater Association - Spring Meeting - May 26th, 2011
The meeting was called to order by the President Andy, KB8PPE at 7:35PM:
Andy - KB8PPE
Mike - KE8IL
Judy - N8ITK
Fred - W5TJC
Allan - W8FYZ
Paul - KB0P
The Secretary's Report was given by Al, W8FYZ and the Minutes of the last meeting were
read - Motion to Accept: Mike - KE8IL, Second: Paul - KB0P, Passed.
Mike, KE8IL gave the Treasurer's Report: $xxx.xx in the Checking, $xxx.xx in Savings
and $xxx.xx cash on hand for general use. $xxx.xx Dues on hand.
Liability Insurance is due and has gone up, it�s now $xxx.xx.
*Mike stated he needs to update the address and name for issuance of certificate of
Insurance to Verizon instead of Alltel.
Approximately 62 Paid Members as of this meeting. Family members included.
Motion to Accept: Al-W8FYZ, Second: Fred-W5TJC, Passed.
* Al, W8FYZ stated He is just about ready to install the new 440 repeater but has had an
audio problem when connecting the tone generator. Paul, KB0P offered a fix.
* Al, W8FYZ stated the 440 antenna splitter is ordered.
* The new 440 antenna is in and Al brought it to the meeting for show and tell.
* Al stated he is going to first install the new 440 repeater, then do a quick climb to
measure for the splitter cables and will order a pre-made cable of a higher quality nature
for use on 440Mhz. So antenna install will come a few weeks after repeater install.
* Antenna noise on 97 still needs to be investigated as well.
* Al stated the Trenary group was still hoping to install the 220 MHz �linking hub�
repeater project but that the Manistique club still has to find a home for the 6.79 first.
* Status of the 6.85 and 6.67 repeaters was discussed. 85 in Iron Mountain is running fine.
67 (formerly of Lanse) is still not anywhere useable by most.
* Mike, KE8IL went up the ski hill this past week to check the repeaters out and verify
site access. He had difficulties getting up the hill but Ski hill staff assisted him on
an alternate route and he got up there. 120VAC cooling fan on the 97 is still running fine.
All appears okay. Mike said Al can get up there as soon as he is ready.
New Business (continued)
* Mike, KE8IL stated he needed to replace the antenna he had in his garage rafters for the
Echolink radio. It had to be re-allocated to his work QTH such that he could monitor and
control the 440 and 97 repeaters from there.
Fred, W5TJC made a motion to authorize Mike, KE8IL to purchase a new dual band mobile
antenna for the Echolink radio setup. Andy, KB8PPE seconded and the motion passed.
* Paul, KB0P gave an update on improvements planned to the HARA link repeater system
which included replacing the Wetmore 145.41 with a new Yaesu repeater and re-configuring
the audio setup.
Paul also stated that the Grand Marais link was down right now due to a failed Icom
Paul also mentioned that the AARC was considering re-allocating the old Yaesu 145.41
repeater to the southern part of Alger County.
Al - W8FYZ made a motion to Adjourn at 8:40PM, Mike - KE8IL Seconded, Approved.