Office of Emergency Management
Goals of Morris County OEM RACES Unit
Harvey Klein, WS2Q
1. To maintain emergency communications between Morris County and its municipalities and between Morris County and the New Jersey State Office of Emergency Management.
2. To develop a rapid response team of RACES operators, who can deploy on short notice to provide emergency communications.
3. To support other emergency organizations, such as the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, the Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES), and the Civil Air Patrol, with available emergency communication resources.
4. To provide communications for other non-emergency public service events such as races, parades, township days, etc. These public service events provide valuable training for RACES operators.
5. To promote amateur radio in general. Amateur radio is a primary source for emergency radio operators, including RACES operators. This is expressly noted in the Federal Communication Commission's regulations establishing the amateur radio service at Title 47 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 97:
^ Top of this page
< RACES Page
< MCARV Home
|Last Updated: 10/27/2003|