We, the undersigned, wishing to secure for ourselves the benefits of an association of persons commonly interested in Amateur Radio and NWS SKYWARN program, constitute ourselves as Las Vegas Regional SKYWARN (LVRS) and enact this constitution as our governing law. It shall be our purpose to further the exchange of information and cooperation between members, to promote radio and weather knowledge, fraternalism and individual operating efficiency in support of the SKYWARN program.
Membership: Article I
All persons interested in Amateur Radio SKYWARN communications shall be eligible for membership. Membership in LVRS applies to anyone who is an Amateur Radio operator and who has attended at least one SKYWARN training class.
Officers: Article II
Sec. 1 The officers of this club shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary and Trustee. In lieu of an appointed Secretary, the President or VP will uphold the duties of Secretary.
Sec. 2. The officers of this club shall be elected for a term of one year by vote of the members present at the annual meeting.
Sec 3. Vacancies occurring between elections must be filled by special elections conducted at a special meeting or over the internet/email following the withdrawal or resignation.
Sec 4. Net control operators will be considered as board members and can vote to remove an officer by a simple majority vote.
Duties of Officers: Article III
Sec.1 The President shall preside at all meetings and conduct them according to the rules adopted. He/she shall enforce due observance of this Constitution and By-Laws; decide all questions of order, sign any official documents and perform all other duties pertaining to the office of President.
Sec. 2 The Vice-President shall assume all the duties of the President in his/her absence. In addition, he/she shall organize club activities, and advance club interest and activity as approved by the club.
Sec. 3 The Secretary shall keep a record of the proceedings of all meetings, keep a roll of members, update membership rosters, carry on all correspondence and read communications at each meeting. At the expiration of his/her term shall urn over the items belonging to the club to their successor.
Sec. 4 The Trustee will over see the Amateur Radio equipment, and computer software used at the Las Vegas NWS forecast office
Meetings: Article IV
The By-Laws shall provide for regular and special meetings. At meetings, two thirds of the net control operators or board shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business. Business agenda will be posted on web sites or email open for comments by the membership.
Dues: Article V
No dues will be collected. The club will reserve the right to conduct fund-raisers or adopt a non-profit corporation status upon membership approval.
Membership Assistance: Article VI
The club shall provide assistance to participating members any technical or operational advice to further improve the operations of the SKYWARN program. The club will encourage good Amateur Radio operational skills through training programs or schedule drills or exercises.
Amendments: Article VII
This constitution or By-Laws may be amended by a simple majority vote of the net control operators or board. Any proposals for amendments shall be submitted in writing to the board members for review. The action item will be on web sites or email open for comments by the membership.
1. Secretary. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to keep the constitution of and By-Laws of the club and have the same with him/her at every meeting. He/she shall note all amendments, changes and additions on the constitution and shall permit it to be consulted by members upon request.
2. Membership. Full membership is open to all licensed Amateur Radio operators with SKYWARN training. Associate membership is open to any SKYWARN spotter who is not an Amateur Radio operator. Full membership includes all club privileges as well as rights to hold a club office and to vote for club officers. Associate membership includes all club privileges except for the right to hold office, operate amateur radio and vote for club officers.
3. Meetings. One annual meeting shall be held each Spring of each calendar year. Special club meetings may be called, when requested by several members or by the club President. Notices shall be sent to members concerning special meetings and the business to be transacted. Such notices shall be sent so that they arrive not less than 72 hours before the meeting.
4. Appointments. LVRS will not appoint or have any authority over the position of SKYWARN Coordinator. Each area represented by an Amateur Radio emergency communications service, such as (but not limited to) ARES, ACS, ECS or Special Service Club, will determine who will lead the SKYWARN program within their area of jurisdiction. The representative SKYWARN Coordinator may hold an elected LVRS position, but must be available to attend meetings held at the Las Vegas NWSFO. Each area SKYWARN representative or Coordinator will develop localized operational procedures.
5. Operations. The board will adhere to NWS criteria and policies while conducting SKYWARN Amateur Radio net operations, within the Las Vegas NWS CWA.