The Ten Commandments
by Dave Jones - KB4YZ
- Use voice before sending SSTV.
- Wait for voice and SSTV traffic to finish before sending SSTV.
- Choose an SSTV mode that is proper for the image to be
sent, band conditions, and the receive capability of the receiving
- Announce the SSTV mode used prior to sending.
- Transmit on frequency as confirmed by calibration of the VFO with WWV.
- Send straight pictures as confirmed by calibration of the clock timing with WWV.
- Send quality pictures with call sign on image.
- Send full frame.
- Avoid sending a CW ID unless required by regulations.
- Describe the picture only after it is confirmed that it was properly received.