KB0P IRLP Repeater Link
Join me on the KB0P/8 repeater, 443.500 UHF (100.0 Hz tone) serving Ishpeming and Negaunee areas, located on the south shore of
Lake Superior in Michigan's beautiful Upper Peninsula (the U.P.).
The repeater is a dedicated IRLP repeater, serving the area with 100 Watts of RF. This repeater is linked by VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol)
using two differnet systems, IRLP and Echolink. Here are some of the general details:
• The IRLP system is identified as node# 8993.
• The Echolink system is identified as node# 2052.
• Connections cannot be established between Echolink and IRLP at the same time; it's either one or the other. These two systems
are independent of each other. Therefore, if we are connected to a station using IRLP, the status of the Echolink node will show busy,
and visa versa.
• IRLP is a 'single connection' system, meaning that we can only connect to one IRLP station at a time.
• The Echolink system on this repeater is set up for a maximum of (3) connections at any given time.
• You are welcome to use either IRLP (all commands preceded with #) or Echolink (all commands preceded with ##) on this repeater.
TO TALK THROUGH AN AMATEUR RADIO REPEATER, YOU MUST HAVE A GOVERNMENT-ISSUED
AMATEUR RADIO LICENSE. YOU DO NOT NEED A LICENSE TO JUST LISTEN.
HOW DO I USE IRLP ON THIS REPEATER?
Use the DTMF touch-tone pad on your radio...
(1) All IRLP commands are preceded with a single # (pound).
(2) Listen first. Identify and ask if the repeater is in use.
(3) Announce your intentions (i.e. "This is KB0P accessing the IRLP link.").
(4) To connect, enter '#[node number]'.
(5) To disconnect, enter '#73'.
|#[node]||Connect to an IRLP node|
|##[node]||Connect to an Echolink node|
|#73||DISCONNECT any node|
|#0||Announce current status|
|#00||Announce last node connected|
|#46||Echo-back test (records next transmission and plays back)|
|#111||Announce weather forecast|
IRLP NODES OF LOCAL INTEREST (preceded with #)
|4013||Escanaba, MI, 147.550 Simplex (N8DP)|
|2330||Soo, Ont, 147.060 Rptr (VE3KD)|
|4619||Green Bay, WI, 147.075 Rptr (N9DKH)|
|4606||Milwaukee, WI, 443.800 Rptr (N9GMT)|
|4168||Grand Rapids, MI, 442.175 Rptr (K8SN)|
|9050||Interlink System (east Coast), our friends out east|
|9617||Michigan Reflector (Sunday Echolink Net)|
ECHOLINK NODES OF LOCAL INTEREST (preceded with ##)
|#A01||240336||Newberry, 146.610 repeater (KC8QZG-R)|
|#A02||628115||Houghton, 146.880 repeater (K6IPC-R)|
|#A03||405654||Calumet, 147.315 repeater (KD8JAM-R)|
|#A04||573763||Ironwood, 146.760 repeater (K8DLM-R)|
|#A05||239444||Duluth, Minnesota LSAC linked repeater system (KC0MKS-R)|
|NA||394682||Marquette, 444.800 Rptr (KE8IL-R)|
|#A06||289654||Lansing, MSU Campus Repeater, 442.900 (W8MSU-R)|
|#A07||481872||Menominee, 147.000 repeater (W8PIF-R)|
ADDITIONAL KB0P WEBSITES
KB0P HOME PAGE
Comments on this page? Please click here to email KB0P at: email@example.com