Both KB-1 and KB-2 models include:
KB-1 ($60.00* with BN-202-73 core plus shipping) *(Transformers below 1 MHZ in the MF & LF range requiring additional cores, Call/email for additional pricing.
- High efficiency ferrite binocular transformers with isolated 50 or 75 ohm primary windings.
- Low inter-winding capacitance for minimum common noise transfer.
- Availability in BOG antenna and other configurations. (150 to 800 ohm antenna impedances)
- Very Low VSWR with matched loads taylored for DXing on the low bands.
- Transformers in attractive, rugged plastic project type boxes.
- Stainless steel wing nut connections for Beverage wire(s) and ground connections.
- 50 ohm SO-239, BNC, or 75 ohm F coax connectors.
- Individually calibrated units to eliminate variations found in mass production.
- Use of adequate core size to prevent saturation from adjacent local stations.
A 450 ohm single wire Beverage transformer uses a binocular ferrite wound core and has a low VSWR into matched loads. Also available for 150 to 800 ohm antenna impedances. Available in low impedance for your BOG antenna.
KB-2 ($120.00* plus shipping) Combination price KB-2, KB-3 $150.00* plus shipping.
*(Transformers below 1 MHZ in the MF and LF frequency range requiring multiple cores, call for additional pricing.)br>
Designed to match your Beverage antenna wire size, wire spacing, and height above earth. Available in lower impedance for BOG antennas
The two wire, two direction KB-2 uses custom winding for best impedance match possible!
Features of the KB-2
- Dual direction two wire Beverage transformer has high efficiency.
- Available 150 to 800 ohm antenna impedances for the antenna wire that is best for your QTH and pocketbook.
- This system is designed to work with two wire Beverage antennas.
- T1 binocular wound winding is accurately center tapped for optimum isolation between the two directions. (The output is wound for 50 or 75 ohms and electrically isolated.)
- T2 uses a binocular wound input winding and a electrically isolated 50 or 75 ohm output winding.
- A two wire Beverage sketch is enclosed with each transformer.
- Two SO-239, BNC, or F connectors for coaxial lines to your radio. Termination of the un-used coax is not necessary for good results.
- Two wire switchable Beverages are described in popular antenna books.
- For more information check out the "Beverage antenna notes" link on this page.