Both KB-1 and KB-2 models include:
KB-1 ($60.00* with BN-202-73 core plus shipping) *(Transformers below 1 MHZ in the MF & LF range requiring additional cores, Call/email for additional pricing.
- High efficiency ferrite binocular transformers with isolated 50 ohm (SO-239), or 75 ohm (F fitting) primary windings.
- Low inter-winding capacitance for minimum common noise transfer.
- Availability in other configurations. (150 to 800 ohm antenna impedances)
- Very Low VSWR with matched loads taylored for DXing on the low bands.
- Transformers in attractive, rugged plastic project type boxes.
- Stainless steel wing nut connections for Beverage wire(s) and ground connections.
- 50 ohm SO-239, or 75 ohm F coax connectors.
- Individually calibrated units to eliminate variations found in mass production.
- Use of adequate core size to prevent saturation from adjacent local stations.
A 450 ohm single wire Beverage transformer uses a binocular ferrite wound core and has a low VSWR into matched loads.
Available in low impedance for your BOG antenna.
Two wire, two direction Beverage antenna transformers.
Combination Beverage 160 meter/HF antenna price KB-2, KB-3 $180.00* plus shipping.
Combination WOG/BOG antenna 1.8 MHZ KB-2, KB-3 $150.00* plus shipping.
*(Transformers below 1 MHZ in the MF and LF frequency range requiring multiple cores, call for additional pricing.)
Designed to match your antenna wire size, wire spacing, and height above earth.
The two wire, two direction KB-2 uses custom winding for best impedance match possible!
Features of the KB-2
- Dual direction two wire Beverage transformer has high efficiency.
- Available 150 to 800 ohm antenna impedances for the antenna wire that is best for your QTH and pocketbook.
- This system is designed to work with two wire Beverage antennas.
- T1 binocular wound winding is accurately center tapped for optimum isolation between the two directions. (The output is wound for 50 or 75 ohms and electrically isolated.)
- T2 uses a binocular wound input winding and a electrically isolated 50 ohm (SO-239) or 75 ohm (F fitting)output winding.
- A two wire Beverage sketch is enclosed with each transformer.
- Two 50 ohm SO-239, or 75 ohm F connectors for coaxial lines to your radio. Termination of the un-used coax is not necessary for good results.
- Two wire switchable Beverages are described in popular antenna books.
- For more information check out the "Beverage antenna notes" link on this page.