MINUTES OF THE E.K.A.R.C. – Dec 12, 2009
Held at VE7CRJ’s place. 11 members present. Chair: VE7CRJ
SICK OR INJURED AMATEURS:
MOTION: Adopt the minutes of the previous meeting as circulated.
Moved VE7KD Seconded VE7XTP. Carried.
- A letter from CNIB was tabled
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
VE7CRJ - The Creston repeater has a small problem
- Hall mountain is receiving but not transmitting
- The new solar panels have come in under budget but not installed due to deep snow.
VE7SKT - No response back from the offer of a radio course to the Air Cadets and Scouts
- Assurances given re excluding amateur radio from BC cell phone legislation but will
have to wait for actual regulations
Cash on hand $0.00
Maximizer acct $362.83
I.N.G. Acct. $7813.26
MOTION: Accept the Treasurer’s report as presented
Moved VE7NEK Seconded VE7SKT carried.
VE7CRJ - The Morrisey site is no longer free. Negotiations are under way with Shaw.
VE7SFN - The LDS will be conducting a second basic
charge and all are welcome.
- There is a plan to install a repeater on Pilot Point – Kootenay lake.
- The LDS workshop on building a J-Pole antenna went well.
VE7LOC - Thanks were expressed to VE7CRJ, VE7TED and VE7XTP for all the antenna help.
MOTION: Adjourn VE7XTP