MINUTES OF THE E.K.A.R.C.
Annual General Meeting
April 16, 2012
Held at the Cranbrook Bavarian Chalet Restaurant. 22 members & 10 Guests present. Chair: VE7CRJ
SICK OR INJURED AMATEURS:
VE7EET’s XYL Had a heart attack and passed away.
Moved that we Adopt the minutes by VE7LOC Seconded VE7KFR. Carried.
- EKARC Liability Insurance invoice has been paid at the same rate as last year.
- A letter to renew the EKARC Society membership was received. Moved by VE7ECR, Second by VE7XTP that it be paid, Carried.
- Invitation to the RCACS 556 annual inspection June 5, 7:00pm
- Renewal form and contact person for BC frequency coordination council.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
- Sparwood ridge Antenna requires replacement. 210C2 is not necessary, just need a HI-Gain vertical.
- MARA group are putting on a Ham Fun Day Sat. Apr 21 10am to 2pm Info sessions, demonstrations swap and shop and draws
- The Golden Link has problems on power supply. We are still looking at internet modules for linking.
- No news from Nelson re; Pilot Point repeater link.
Cash on hand $00.00 Year End Statement :
KSCU Maxi $ 619.73 April 1st, 2010 Balance $8795.79
KSCU Shares $25.00
ING Savings $8698.28 Income $2621.11
Total $9,343.01 Mar. 31, 2011 Balance $9343.01
Moved that the Treasurer’s report be adopted as presented by VE7NEK seconded VE7XTP Carried.
- Children’s Festival May 11 needs volunteers
- Field Day is June 23-24 – Interested persons to contact VE7CRJ
- VE7CWM volunteered to the Frequency coordination position. Moved that we pay the $20 membership by VE7NEK, Second by VE7XTP, carried.
- Moved that we purchase one Motorola linking radio at $110 by VE7CRJ sec VE7XTP. Carried
MOTION: Adjourn VE7KFR.