DX SPECIAL EVENTS AWARD
Rules for Application
The Philippine DX Foundation, Inc. (PDXF) issues the DX SPECIAL EVENTS AWARD for confirmed two-way communications with different special event stations world-wide.
- The award is available to SWLs and licensed amateurs for confirmed two-way communications with different special event stations world-wide. Special event stations use special calls and with a specific validity period. Special events are: anniversaries, national & international celebrations and commemorative events with supporting official declarations. Field day and Dxpeditions are not included. Basic award is 50 Special events. Special endorsement for 50 special events from 50 different countries (not entities).
- Use official application form and log sheet. Photocopies are allowed. Send SASE or $1 for official forms.
- Contacts may be made on any authorized amateur radio frequency using any authorized mode. Cross-modes, one-way QSOs, or repeater contacts are not valid for the award.
- Contacts must be made from the applicants registered ARS location. Portable or mobile operation is allowed provided the applicant uses his own registered call/equipment.
- All QSL card confirmations should be official special event QSL cards.
- Send GCR (General Certification Rule) list and application fee of $10 or 20 IRCs to the Philippine DX Foundation, Inc. (PDXF), POB 2000 QCCPO, 1160 Quezon City, M.M., Philippines. The Philippine DX Foundation, Inc. (PDXF) and the Philippine Amateur Radio Association, Inc. (PARA) members are granted a 50% discount.
- The Awards Manager reserves the right to inspect QSL cards on rare occasions, and any decision made by the Awards Manager as to the validity of applications is final. Unfavorable reports and comments on the applicants operation or QSLing practices may be cause for the recall of any issued award.
- Contact date starts January 1, 1949.
- A photocopy of the operator/stations license must be attached.
Updated : 01 September 1999