- There is no guarantee that
this unit works in all situations. I am of course interested in as many
reports as I can get, but for example up to now I did not test it at
the fence of an airport, even I strongly believe it works there. None
of the 8 V0.1 and 3 V1.0 units showed problems by itself, just the
Bluetooth and the Xport Interfaces showed up as a little bit tricky.
- Reflections or other propagation effects may degrade
quite heavily. This will happen with all receivers, not just the Mode-S
- Operating with Bluetooth will degrade the reception range
and frame rate.
- Even when bringing this unit into operation is easy,
not a plug-and-play unit. I am willing to support you up to a certain
degree, and I will also set up a Yahoo user forum, but I surely cannot
handle each minor problem as professionals would be able to.
- I am not responsible for any consequences or misuse of the
by whatever means. This is a hobby project with primary focus on the
fascination of air traffic and the technical possiblities but
not on making money.
- This unit is not specified for any use of navigation within air
traffic, and if ever used as such, it is for informational purposes but
does not provide reliable data for navigating in air space.
- I still have my primary job and that is what I live from,
service and shipping time might be adjusted to this and not vice versa.
From the number of PICADSB that I've provided to the community just 1
really was not working by still unknown reasons, about 5 returned with
different symptoms induced by the user and were easily brought into
operation by me and
- According to Directive 1999/5/EC on Radio and
telecommunications terminal, Annex I, this kit is a "Kit to be
assembled by radio amateurs".
- If your Mode-S beast does not work, for the first
check and bring-up I will charge you only reduced shipping costs
since we can reuse package.
- Also firmware updates are done for reduced shipping costs
Prices and Availability:
The Mode-S Beast is available via two web shops:
Rainer and Michael's Web Shop
Maybe you want to play with the Funcube Dongle in the mean time, which is a nice airband receiver, too.
If you have a valid EU VAT ID, please let me know.
My VAT tax ID is DE 189 543 554 B