Amateur Radio Society of Dryden
May 11, 2005 Meeting Minutes
Dryden Fire Service Training Centre
President Bob, VA3GUN, brought the meeting to order.
In Attendance were:
Minutes of the March 9th, 2005 Meeting were read.
M.S. Arnie, VA3NOL, Leo, VE3ASS that the minutes of the March 9th, 2005 meeting be accepted as read. Carried.
- Can Warn Training scheduled for May 26, 2005 7:30PM at the training center in the Fire Hall.
- Rick VA3RGA, Dick VA3DIK, and Jim VE3JLN attended Riverview School and gave demos to 2 groups of students (14 in 1st group and 9 in 2nd group)
- RCMP Musical Ride scheduled for July 13, 2005 in Atikokan. Warren VE3FYN looking for volunteers to help out.
- Kenora UHF link radio has been fixed.
- Transmission from Falcon Repeater weak and falling off due to weak output.
- Kenora and Falcon Repeaters to be upgraded next month or two.
- Ham Radio Club barbeque scheduled for Sat. June 11, 2005 at either Barclay Hall or Sandy Beach Park. Will confirm later.
- Camp 807 will be in Fort Frances on Aug. long weekend. July 29th, 30th, and 31st.
- Reviewed Emergency Planning Goals:
Goals Completed to Date:
- Shelves built and phone moved into radio room.
- Can Warn Training Scheduled for May 26, 2005.
Goals Yet to be Met:
-Training at Emergency Operations Call out Centre
- Call out Kit Work Shop
- Operations Manual (Call Out Tree, Equipment List etc.)
- Hog & Rod looking for Help for Moose Fest Days July 8 & 9, 2005 for parade. Contact Kate VA3KKI if you can assist.
- Walleye Masters looking for boat checkers for June 24-26, 2005. Contact Arnie VA3NOL.
- Scott VA3EXT and Warren VA3FYN updated members on status of Atikokan Repeater. Scott will help set up repeater whenever equipment is ready to be assembled. Hope to have repeater operational for Musical Ride.
- Scott VA3EXT going to Fort Frances to help setup a new APRS DIGI Repeater on the west side of town.
- 50/50 Draw Winner: Kim VA3KMM
Meeting adjourned to Tim Hortons. Moved by Adrian VA3ALC, seconded by Scott VA3EXT.