About This Form
Amateur Radio donates thousands of man-hours of supplementary public service communications in civil emergencies, official drills and events such as parades and marathons each year. Such events show Amateur Radio in its best light, and it is critically important that ARRL bring documentation of this public service work to the attention of the Congress, the FCC and other public officials. Your information below is an important addition to the record. Please complete and return this form to the Public Service Branch at ARRL Headquarters. Thank you.
1. Nature of activity (Check one).
Alert. Amateurs were deployed for emergency communications, but emergency situation did not develop.
Special exercise. Amateurs supplied communications for a parade, race, etc.
2. Brief description of activity: Communications Exercise on Big City Simplex VHF Net
3. Places or areas involved: Anchorage, AK
4. Number of amateurs participating: 13
5. Event start date/time: 5 Jan 99/2000 6. Event end date/time: 5 Jan 99/2115
7. Duration of event (hours): 1.25 8. Total man-hours: 16.25
9. Number of repeaters used: 1
10. Estimated manpower cost: $211.25 (man-hours times $10/hr)
11. Estimated cost of equipment used: $13,000 (hand-helds, repeaters, etc.)
12. Total estimated cost of service: $13,211.25 (add amounts from lines 10 and 11)
13. Nets and/or frequencies used (including repeater call signs): 147.270/870 (KL7AIR repeater), 146.52, 445.1
14. Number of messages handled: Continuous exercise traffic
15. Names of agencies receiving communications support: N/A
16. Please list call signs of amateurs who were major participants: KL0CY, WL7BER, KL7HHO, WL7WH, KL0PJ, WL7YR, KL5T, KL0QW, KL7AIR, AA0NN, KL4E, KL0KQ
17. Other comments:
Please attach photos of amateurs in action, newspaper clippings or other data.
Name of Amateur Radio organization providing service: South Central Radio Club, Anchorage Amateur Radio Club, ARES
Location of organization: City or town: Anchorage State: AK
Your name: Larry K. Petty Call sign: KL5T
Address: 2631 W. 27th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99517
ARRL appointment, if any: ASM (Alaska), VE e-mail address: [email protected]
Telephone: (907) 552-9780 (907) 248-3864
I attest that the information provided
above is complete and true to the best of my knowledge.
Larry K. Petty, KL5T 22 May 99