About This Form
Amateur Radio donates thousands of
man-hours of supplementary public service communications in civil emergencies,
official drills and events such as parades and marathons each year. Such
events show Amateur Radio in its best light, and it is critically important
that ARRL bring documentation of this public service work to the attention
of the Congress, the FCC and other public officials. Your information below
is an important addition to the record. Please complete and return this
form to the Public Service Branch at ARRL Headquarters. Thank you.
1. Nature of activity (Check one).
Alert. Amateurs were deployed for emergency communications, but emergency situation did not develop.
3. Places or areas involved: Anchorage, Alaska
4. Number of amateurs participating: 20
5. Event start date/time: 18 Feb 00/1200 6. Event end date/time: 20 Feb 00/1400
7. Duration of event (hours): 7 8. Total man-hours: 227.5
9. Number of repeaters used: 1
10. Estimated manpower cost: $2,275 (man-hours times $10/hr)
11. Estimated cost of equipment used: $11,350 (hand-helds, repeaters, etc.)
12. Total estimated cost of service: $13,625 (add amounts from lines 10 and 11)
13. Nets and/or frequencies used (including repeater call signs): 146.670/146.070 MHz KL7AIR Repeater, 146.52 Simplex
14. Number of messages handled: Continuous Tactical Traffic
15. Names of agencies receiving communications support: Anchorage Sled Dog and Racing Association
16. Please list call signs of amateurs who were major participants: KL7EB, NL7NN, KL0CY, WL7PO, KL7JB, KL0NQ, KL0EO, WL7DX, NL7DL, KL0TS, AL7OK, WL7IM, KL0US, NL7RD, NL7DK, KL7TQ, KL7QW, WL7CKB, KL7VC, NL7EA
17. Other comments: This was the 2000 rendition of the Anchorage Fur Rendezvous World Championship Sled Dog Race. This sprint race consisted of 3-days of racing over a 25-mile course. Communicators manned the start/finish line, and checkpoints around the course throughout Anchorage.
Please attach photos of amateurs in action, newspaper clippings or
Name of Amateur Radio organization providing service: Anchorage Amateur Radio Club
Location of organization: City or town: Anchorage State: AK
Your name: Kent Petty Call sign: KL5T
Address: 2229 Turnagain Parkway, Anchorage, AK 99517
ARRL appointment, if any: Alaska Section Manager, VE, ARES Member
e-mail address: email@example.com
Telephone: (907) 552-9780 (907) 243-5856
I attest that the information provided
above is complete and true to the best of my knowledge.
Larry K Petty, KL5T 3 Mar 00