About This Form
1. Nature of activity (Check one).
Alert. Amateurs were deployed for emergency communications, but emergency situation did not develop.
3. Places or areas involved: Palmer to Wasilla Alaska
4. Number of amateurs participating: 4
5. Event start date/time: 20 May 00/0730 6. Event end date/time: 20 May 00/1230
7. Duration of event (hours): 5.0 8. Total man-hours: 20
9. Number of repeaters used: 1
10. Estimated manpower cost: $200 (man-hours times $10/hr)
11. Estimated cost of equipment used: $5,400 (hand-helds, repeaters, etc.)
12. Total estimated cost of service: $5.800 (add amounts from lines 10 and 11)
13. Nets and/or frequencies used (including repeater call signs): KL7DOB Repeater, 146.64/04 MHZ. and 146.410 simplex.
14. Number of messages handled: Continuous tactical traffic
15. Names of agencies receiving communications support: Hope Community Resources, dba Hope Cottages
16. Please list call signs of amateurs who were major participants: KL7HHO, NL7SK, KL0GG, and WL7BD.
17. Other comments: Hope Cottage is a local charity that provides
a residential environment and assistance for the developmentally disabled.
This is an annual event. Participants get pledges from the community for
the number of miles they walk, bike, or roller blade. The money raised
supports their programs directly. The amateur community has been involved
in the walk for many years, providing interface with the first aid personnel,
walk director, and logistics. Our normal operations provide dispatch service
to pick up and deliver people who are unable to complete the walk. We are
responsible to coordinate emergencies (injuries, lost personnel, etc.)
if necessary. Report information graciously provided by Dan O’Barr WL7BD.
Name of Amateur Radio organization providing service:
MATANUSKA AMATEUR RADIO ASSOCIATION
Location of organization: City or town: Waslla State: Alaska
Your name: Kent Petty Call sign: KL5T
Address: 2229 Turnagain Parkway, Anchorage, AK 99517
ARRL appointment, if any: Alaska SM, VE, ARES Member
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: (907) 552-9780
I attest that the information provided
above is complete and true to the best of my knowledge.
Kent Petty, KL5T 22 May 00