Downloading Win96 software and .p96 scanner files
1. If you do not have the Win96 software, download
You must use version 1.59 or later. Previous versions do
not have the option to monitor rebanded public safety trunked
2. Download the file appropriate to your listening needs.
3. Users must have the Radio Shack USB Scanner/PC interface
cable, part 20-047.
your scanner with this file will ERASE all previously stored
data. Please make a backup of all your scanner data, or
update this file with your data in other banks. I will NOT
be responsible for any lost data!!!
Uploading .p96 file to your scanner
1. Launch the Win96 software.
2. Go to File --> Open.
3. Find and click the appropriate .p96 file,
then click Open
4. Click on the Scanner menu, then
click on Upload to Scanner
5. When the upload is complete, remove the
programming cable. If necessary, turn your scanner off,
then on again. That's it. Enjoy!