There are a number of individuals and classes available on Oahu to help you learn amateur radio and how to become a ham. Also below is a list of past instructors.
Enjoy, and feel free to drop me an e-mail if you have any questions.
Classes for Amateur Radio
Amateur Radio Instructors
These are the hams who have served as instructors in a number of classes to the general public or small groups.
- Bart Aranoff, WH6AA
- Kimo Chun, KH7U
- Toby Clairmont, KH7FR
- Ron Hashiro, AH6RH
- Clem Jung, KH7HO
- Warren Munro, KH6WM
- Tom Thornton, AH6ZZ
Amateur Radio Testing Groups (Volunteer Examiners)
- Civil Defense Amateur Radio Club (Oahu) Contact Ray Moody, AH6LT.
- Lee Wical, KH6BZF (Oahu) FCC Amateur VE and FCC Commercial License Examiner CCE.
- BIARC Big Island Amateur Radio Club in Hilo (Big Island) via Ron Phillips, AH6HN.
- KHRC Kohala-Hamakua (Big Island)
- KARS Kona Amateur Radio Society (Big Island)
- SPARC South Point Amateur Radio Club (Big Island)
- HARC Hilo (Big Island)
- Kauai Amateur Radio Club (Kauai)
- Maui Amateur Radio Club (Maui) Contact Mel KH6H at KH6H at ARRL.NET
- 9:00 am, Maui County Civil Defense Emergency Operating Center, 200 S. High Street, Wailuku
- Saturday, April 5, 2014
- Saturday, August 2, 2014
- Saturday, December 6, 2014
- PDF with details
- Maui VE Team (ARRL VE) Manny Silva, KH6ILA - phone 877-6084, Fax 877-4597 Contact at least 2 weeks in advance of the next exam.
- Testing fees are $14.00 as of January 2005. $15.00 as of January 2009. Exact change is appreciated.
- A photo ID, plus two photocopies of the ID.
- Your original amateur radio license if you have one, plus two photocopies of the license. A printout from the can be used instead.
- If you have a valid CSCE (Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination), bring the original and a photocopy.
- A pen, to sign your documents. If you wish, you may also bring a pencil.
Copyright © 1997-2014 Ron Hashiro
Updated: January 22, 2014
DISCLAIMER: Ron Hashiro Web Site is not responsible for the content at
any of the external sites that we link to and therefore
are not necessarily endorsed by us.