There are a number of individuals and classes available on Oahu to help you learn amateur radio and how to become a ham. Also below is a list of past instructors.
Enjoy, and feel free to drop me an e-mail if you have any questions.
Classes for Amateur Radio
- Kaimuki High School Adult Education Classes via Warren Munro, KH6WM. Sign-up in progress for the Fall Thursday night classes, 10 Thursday nights, starting Sept 11, 2008. This is Warren's last amateur radio class sessions. Contact the school at 733-8460 for more info. There is also a phone number for Warren.
Amateur Radio Instructors
These are the hams who have served as instructors in a number of classes to the general public or small groups.
- Bart Aranoff, WH6AA
- Kimo Chun, KH7U
- Toby Clairmont, KH7FR
- Ron Hashiro, AH6RH
- Clem Jung, KH7HO
- Warren Munro, KH6WM
- Tom Thornton, AH6ZZ
Amateur Radio Testing Groups (Volunteer Examiners)
- Civil Defense Amateur Radio Club (Oahu) Contact Ray Moody, AH6LT.
- Lee Wical, KH6BZF (Oahu) FCC Amateur VE and FCC Commercial License Examiner CCE. Next exams Saturday, May 17, 2008 and Saturday, July 19th. Deadline for signup for the May 17th exam is Thurs, May 15.
- BIARC Big Island Amateur Radio Club in Hilo (Big Island) via Ron Phillips, AH6HN.
- KHRC Kohala-Hamakua (Big Island)
- KARS Kona Amateur Radio Society (Big Island)
- SPARC South Point Amateur Radio Club (Big Island)
- HARC Hilo (Big Island)
- Kauai Amateur Radio Club (Kauai)
- Maui Amateur Radio Club (Maui) Contact Mel KH6H at KH6H at ARRL.NET
- Saturday, April 5, 2008
- Saturday, August 2, 2008
- Saturday, December 6, 2008
- Maui VE Team (ARRL VE) Manny Silva, KH6ILA - phone 877-6084, Fax 877-4597 Contact at least 2 weeks in advance of the next exam.
- Testing fees are $14.00 as of January 2005. $15.00 as of January 2009. Exact change is appreciated.
- A photo ID, plus two photocopies of the ID.
- Your original amateur radio license if you have one, plus two photocopies of the license. A printout from the can be used instead.
- If you have a valid CSCE (Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination), bring the original and a photocopy.
- A pen, to sign your documents. If you wish, you may also bring a pencil.
Copyright © 1997-2012 Ron Hashiro
Updated: December 23, 2008
DISCLAIMER: Ron Hashiro Web Site is not responsible for the content at
any of the external sites that we link to and therefore
are not necessarily endorsed by us.