AA9L's Ham Shack
Welcome to my ham shack! I have been interested in amateur radio and
shortwave listening since 1953 when I got my first license with the call WN9WAA.
In 1965 my call became WA9OAX when I passed my general test. I now hold an Amateur Extra license with the call
I am a member of the W9HHX
Amateur Radio Club at The Milwaukee School
My interests are mainly packet radio, satellite communication and
DX (long distance) chasing. My station setup includes:
With this setup I have talked to many people around the
world using both voice and morse code (CW). If you are interested in amateur radio,
contact The American Radio Relay League (ARRL)
for more information.
- YAESU 767GX with 2 meter module.
- Dentron Clipperton L amplifier.
- HYGAIN TH3 "Thunderbird" triband beam at 60 feet.
- Cushcraft D3W for 24, 18 and 10 MHz
- Trap dipole for 160, 80 and 40 meters.
- Solarcon A99, 10 meter vertical.
- Cushcraft 11 element 2 meter beam.
- Heathkit HW-8 QRP (low power) tranceiver.
Send e-mail to: AA9L