Crest Trail Repeater Guide
Compiled by AA6J Bill Jeffrey
The following hams have been most helpful in providing information from the trail. Actual experience is far more valuable than plotting sight lines on topo maps.
HELP with this project! This
guide will be most useful if it comes from the actual experience
of hams on the trail. Please email information on what repeater
you could hit from where on the trail to : aa6j (AT) qsl (DOT) net .
(Sorry this isn't a clickable link, but I'm trying to fight the spam-bots.)
Thank you to:
- Ranger Rick Sanger KE6ACQ, Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Backcountry, who provided hints on using repeaters in the backcountry and showed me how to hit the repeater from Rae Lakes in 1999.
- Faye Neff ("Crest Rider") KB7RTK, who filled in a lot of gaps in Washington state coverage in 2001.
- Bob NO6B for information on Los Angeles mountain repeaters (2001).
- Kerry Clark KG6BAO for recommending the Idyllwild repeater for California Section B (2002), and taking his Scout troop on numerous PCT treks.
- Bob KI6FHY for making me think!
- Ken KE7BSU for information on repeater changes near Bend, Oregon. (2/2005)
- Bill KG6AFA for lots of details on Siskiyou area and SCARA repeaters. (2/2005)
- Burt N6USO for repeater on Sunset Mountain above LA. (5/2005)
Copyright Bill Jeffrey 2000-2005.
Last update May 18, 2005